[geeks] scifi and TANKS

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Jul 29 01:39:02 CDT 2001

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 02:34:37AM -0400, D.A. Muran-de Assereto wrote:
> If it's just military SF in general you enjoy, try the following:
> Any of the Falkenburg books by Jerry Pournelle (Falkenburg's Legion, for
> example)

I'll pick them up again.

> 	-But avoid the Warworld series after the first one

Thanks.

> Joe Haldeman's military writings (although he's a little "anti-war")

Ehh, read most of them.  he turned into a wuss.

> For something related, but different, try Jack MCDevitt's "A Talent for War"

Will do.

The "Hope" series, the Seafort saga, by David Feintuch is pretty damned good,
but went to hell after "Voices of Hope", and "Patriarch's Hope" is just a
waste of paper.. but "Children of Hope" looks to have potential.

Bill (and of course, there's always the Callahan's stuff by Spider Robinson;
      I'm still waiting for _Callahan's Lady_ to be printed and
      _Lady Slings the Booze_ to be reprinted.. _Callahan's Key_ was *great*,
      but confusing if you hadnt read the others first, which I went back and
      did..)

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net