[geeks] MP3s

joshua d boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 26 08:15:54 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 26, 2001 at 02:40:43AM -0400, Brian Hechinger wrote:
> i'm on amy's side.  how can one live without MP3s?  especially when you run
> across such wonderful stuff as i have.  Sasha and Digweed completely kick ass.
> plus, i don't know many CDs that could hold the complete two hour sets they do.

DVD-Audio man.

Actually sasha and digweed shouldn't be bad in MP3.  All depends on the
records used that night though, I guess.

I'm seriously considering buying a record player.  I have a ton of
records, and wouldn't mind being able to listen to some of them (I got
them from my grandmother.  I'm sure a lot of them are probably crap, but
there are some nice classical records, if nothing else.)  Plus, the local
music store I visit the most just started carrying vinyl.  Haven't had a
chance to look through it yet (last time I was there, I was in too much of
a hurry).

Hey, has anyone ever tried to design their own ADC or DAC before?  I
wonder if it would be practical to get a custom designed logrithmic set of
chips for some truly killer digital audio.  Pretty much all software would
need to be rewritten though...

--
Joshua D. Boyd