[geeks] dave's insanity sauce

Chris Byrne geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 17:57:02 CDT 2001

I am a conesuier if you will of super spicy things. I use Habanero Santacca
peppers in my chile for example (40,000 hotter than straight green
Jalapenos). I have tried the total insanity sauce, and it's quite nice. THe
secret is simple, dont breathe until you have some other food in your mouth,
and don't let it touch your lips.

If you do, dont drink water, that just spreads the capsicum (the essence of
capsicum is capsaicin which is used in pepper spray) and causes more pain.
Instead drink buttermilk, and then vinegar if it's REALLY severe.

The oils from chiles have strong acids in the light watery easily
evaporating part, which can be helped by buttermilk, or if very bad baking
soda or something similar, and very strong bases mixed in with the oily
impossible to get off your skin part which is why you want vinegar.

Chris Byrne