[geeks] So what is a "Frankenmac"?

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 17:19:08 CDT 2001

On Wed, 25 Jul 2001, joshua d boyd wrote:
> Not that long ago, we were discussing these little cards that could be
> used to hook an IDE drive to a SCSI chain.  I would imagine that getting
> one of those cards and a 20gig IDE drive would be cheaper than building
> pretty much any sort of SCSI raid, unless he has the parts in hard
> already, of course.

Heh. I tried to get a price quote for a few units from a manufacturer who
makes them. The reply email wanted to know exactly what I intended to do
with them and more information about my company. So I said screw it. If
they don't want to quote me for their product, I don't care enough to buy
it.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |