[geeks] IDE, well, I *never* (Hrmph.)

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 17:02:06 CDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 05:12:58PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:
> That's why the good lord made Pentiums ;^P (you were wondering why that chip
> existed, right?)

my laptop died a while back, haven't replaced it yet.  haven't been very tempted
to either, don't really have a need to.  that was the last of my x86 hardware.

> What, like a Sun Blade? Ultra 5 or 10? ;^)

latest and greatest Sun i have is my faithful sparc20, so nope, nope and nope.

> I'd like to set up an IDE controller in my Ultra 30 - I seem to have a lot of 15 Gig $40 HDs from various mail-in rebates over the last few months... 8^}

i'd just be happy getting that stupid SSA working.  although i may have to look
into those SCSI->IDE things.  if i could make a RAID out of a couple IDE disks
that would be kinda cool.  although those SCSI->IDE things would have to be
fairly cheap.

-brian