[geeks] need suggestions for a database for a VAXcluster

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 11:53:52 CDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 25, 2001 at 09:33:33AM -0400, joshua d boyd wrote:

> Hmm, Postgres would fit the bill I think.  Except that it isn't ported to
> VMS.  There are Ultrix/Vax and NetBSD/Vax ports.  Isn't it supposed to be
> easy these days to port Unix software to VMS?

i don't know, i've seen C code on VMS, and it's not exactly even close to C on
UNIX.  it's got all sorts if weird stuff in it.  although it might just be
grunt work to get stuff ported over, i have no idea.  as soon as i get things
straightened out here i'll take a look at C on VMS and see what would be
involved in getting stuff ported to it, although something like Postgres is
going to be a butt-load of work.

-brian