[geeks] One parting Mac shot, then I have to go home...

Kris Kirby geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 25 09:12:34 CDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Bill Bradford wrote:
> I hate PCs even more now - the damn athlon tbird 700 system
> is being picky about *room temperature* now.  I gotta wait
> till the AC cools down before I can finish setting up win2k
> again - and this is with a NON-OVERCLOCKED system!!!!

I had one situation where the pads on the tbird that support the heatsink
were preventing the heatsink from coming in contact with the chip. A
little heatsink compound fixed the problem But That's Not It's Job. It's
supposed to fill the *tiny* gap between chip and heatsink as well as
displace air in that space. Not bridge a 0.75 mm air gap.

-----
<kris at nospam.catonic.net>   |