To whoop Ken's ass (was: Re: [geeks] Trade U30 for G3 mac B&W ?

Amy geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 19:59:56 CDT 2001

On Mon, 23 Jul 2001, Brian Hechinger wrote:

> On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 04:52:35PM -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> >
> > Have you ever *used* a marble slab as a mouse pad?  Try it, man.  Well
> > worth the $5 at home depot.
>
> wow, i didn't even think of that.  i've got a smoked glass desk, and my optical
> mouse DOES NOT WORK AT ALL on it.  so i snagged a spare sun grid optical pad,
> but i think i'd like the marble better.  are you sure black doesn't work well?
> how about a dark charcoal?  i want it to match my black desk.
>
> ok, if i wanted it to match my desk it should be "all sorts of random item"
> colored.  like paper, and a measuring tape, and the pens, and the roll of
> electrical tape, and the.......
>
> i can barely even SEE my desk, guess it doesn't matter what color marble i use
> after all. :)

hrm.

you might use a *heavily veined* black marble or granite. the veins and
blotches of the carerra are what make it a good surface, in combination
with the highly polished surface. alternately, go get a map of anything
and tape it to the underside of your desk. the mouse should see through
the desk to the map and track off of it.

--a