To whoop Ken's ass (was: Re: [geeks] Trade U30 for G3 mac B&W ?

David Cantrell geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 16:43:14 CDT 2001

On Mon, Jul 23, 2001 at 05:23:00PM -0400, Ken Hansen wrote:

> Oh, you "One button weenies!" - real men use three button mice!

THREE buttons?  Pah!  When I was driving CADDS 4x back in the day, we
weren't satisfied with less than five.  AND they were all different
colours.  And we had to work 25 hours a day 7 days a week for thruppence-
ha'penny a month, and we a got a packet of gravel christmas bonus if the
foreman liked us AND WE WAS GRATEFUL FOR WHAT WE GOT.

ObMac: Their hardware has always been good.  Shame they've always* been
let down so badly by the software.

* ObFootnote: maybe with the exception of the original two or three
releases of the OS, in lovingly handcrafted 68k assembler.

Do not be afraid of cooking, as your ingredients will know and misbehave
   -- Fergus Henderson