[geeks] Trade U30 for G3 mac B&W?

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 15:40:36 CDT 2001

Uhm, I belive "Technical Mac User" is an Oxymoron - so a forum to address the technical Mac community would be not so very entertaining as this group is, but that is just an opinion, not based on anything concrete...

My wife works with Mac professionally (she even has one in the house! EEK!), and her comapny has about a dozen or so Macs in-house, their internal IS team will not support them, so they hire a "Macsultant" (I kid you not, that is the companies name as far as I know) to drive up and tend to their needs once a week.

Now, that they can get by with occasional support is a testament to something, I am sure, but I suspect that the typical Mac user would be very reluctant to open up a Mac and install anything inside, even an additional HD or RAM...

Besides, how many posts could you stomach like this "Hey, I just found a Mac II in the trash, anyone know if I can run Linux on it?" or "Dudz,  my Mac has a small SCSI connector,and my hard drive has a really big connector on it, but the SCSI cable they gave me doesn't work - it has the connectors on the wrong ends! It has a small connector where I need a large one, and a large one where I have a small one! Thanks in advance!"

I am kidding, of course...

Ken