[geeks] FreeBSD install problem on ALR server

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Jul 23 13:31:46 CDT 2001

Are you sure about the dual-CPU limitation?

I ask becuase I suspect ALR worked around that limitation in hardware, and their workarounds might require a *very special* BIOS, unabdl to boot some OSs...

I believe you add CPUs to a carrier card, and that each carrier card can handle two CPUs - but you cna have multiple carrier cards in some machines, IIRC.

The most SMP-capable I have ever been was two-way (I wouldn't know how to control myself in a six-way! ;^P )

Ken