[geeks] ISP Suckness

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 20 17:46:30 CDT 2001

All my stuff is at the Waltham, MA facility (BOS2 I think).  Everything has
bee perfect, until two days ago.  We've been running a 4 hour expire time on
our DNS zone file (which Exodus pulls from our server to act as the SOA) .
The reason for the short expiry is because we're inthe middle of a big move
to new servers.  Exodus changed their DNS systems to *only* pull new DNS
once per day - regardless of when our zone is set to expire.

Shoddy - just plain shoddy.  Now we have to wait 24 hours in order for
changes to be reflected on our domain...

Kurt