[geeks] R/C vehicle suggestions

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 20 15:29:57 CDT 2001

I love my my Duratrax Nitro Demon.  Check it out on Duratrax's website.

Make no mistake - this car has got *BAWLLS*!  It's Nitro powered - not
electric.  You'll find most gas trucks/cars do *not* have reverse.  The
mechanics of them prevent putting in a reverse gear and still keep costs
down.  Elecric trucks/cars are easy to put reverse in - simply reverse the
polarity when you dump juice into the motor (normally a stock feature on
all).

If you're going to run them outside - get a Nitro (gas) powered truck.
Nothing like the smell of burning alcohol and nitro-methane after a long day
in front of a computer.  They're the ultimate guy toy - goes fast, makes
lots of noise, smells like burning oil, and puts out tons of power.

I also own a Tamiya electric Peugeot rally car.  It can only be run on flat
surfaces like pavement and indoors.  Also lots of fun - but not as much as
the Demon.

If you're really thinking about getting one - head to rcvehicles.about.com.
There's a mettric buttload of info there on all sorts of R/C vehicles - gas
and electric.

Whatever you get - READ THE DIRECTIONS.  My nephew recently spent $300 on a
Nitro powered truck - and destroyed the engine inside 2 weeks due to a
failure to follow proper engine break-in procedures.

If you've got an specific questions, let me know and I'll try to answer
them.

Kurt
kurt at k-huhn.com