[geeks] OS X (was: the briq)

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 19 19:00:11 CDT 2001

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 10:41:29PM +0000, Kris Kirby wrote:
> On Wed, 18 Jul 2001, Peter L. Wargo wrote:
> > Well, I do remember the SunOS 4.x -> Solaris 2.0 transition... That almost
> > killed Sun.
> I'm a BSDer; I much prefer SunOS 4.x. It runs much faster on dinkier
> machines.

I'd take Net/Open BSD over SunOS 4.x; pretty much the same stuff
(unless you need esoteric hardware support) and MUCH less work to
get it to use DNS and be even halfway secure (for definitions of "halfway"
whre it means "you're only holding ONE asscheek as you bend over")
and usable on today's Internet.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford