[geeks] New toy!

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 19 01:25:44 CDT 2001

On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 05:02:42PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:

> Yeah, I actually do need them, at the moment.  I might be willing to
> swap for some DSSI drives come december or so.

i'll probably pass on that, for now anyway, i've got a cluster of 4000 boxes
and those DSSI disks come in awful handy for that.

> RS232, used to connect to a few dozen VT420s.  They're in a nice VAX
> 4000-400 which people used for things like Word Perfect, as well as some
> custom apps written in Cobol.  Thankfully, it's got ethernet built into
> the main board someplace, so we can actually get to it via IP terminals.

yeah, i got me one of them, and two /300 boxes as well.  very nice.  i love
them, they rule.  picking up a /500 this weekend (that one'll run NetBSD)

i love the 4000 series, neat, powerful, and a lot frickin smaller than the 6000
boxes. :)

-brian