[geeks] MacOS X

Brian Hechinger geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 18 22:06:24 CDT 2001

On Wed, Jul 18, 2001 at 07:02:47PM -0700, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> Not only that, but speaking as a Unix guy with 15 years of experience, I
> like it.  It marries a great interface w/my favorite OS, and it rocks on
> my G4.  Plus, I can NFS mount easily now...

i only got to play with it briefly on my friend's PowerBook Ti (lucky bastard)
but i fell instantly in love with it.  (and the Ti)

can't wait till i get a job and some spare coins.  gonna buy me a Ti.

> I'm not a Steve Jobs fan (he killed my newton!), but Apple has been
> kicking some serious butt as of late.

which means it's about time for them to shoot themselves in the foot.  it's
the Apple Way(tm), "oh we're doing good finally?  let me fix that quick."

-brian