[geeks] RE: [geeks] Re: [geeks] Re: [geeks] T H E  b r i Q

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 18 16:44:10 CDT 2001

Amazingly, all the games I like are processor speed-independent - I =
like games like the old arcade games (Asteroids, Pac-Man, etc.)...

While I like Doom/First Person shooting games, I have never really =
gotten too-obsessed with them - more I marvel at the graphics and then =
exit the program...

I guess becuase I started gaming with an Atari 800, my idea of a game =
has been stunted... Oh lord, I just remembered my friend that got one =
of the first video games for home TVs - you basicly had custom chips =
that allowed you to play PONG in B&W, and then there were colored =
transparencies that you taped to your screen to simulate various forms =
of PONG...

Gawd, what we thought was cool in the early '70s...

Now, munching SETI at Home packets, that has me on a trillion GHz PC =
quest... ;^)

Ken