[geeks] New toy!

Gregory Leblanc geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Jul 18 00:05:05 CDT 2001

On 17 Jul 2001 20:30:57 -0500, Bill Bradford wrote:
> On Tue, Jul 17, 2001 at 05:02:42PM -0700, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> > Yeah, I actually do need them, at the moment.  I might be willing to
> > swap for some DSSI drives come december or so.
>
> You *do* know what those sell for, right?  classiccmp had a discussion
> lately about one that went for $650 on eBay - and that was a *low* price.

Uh, this machine is still under contract from Compaq, and last I
checked, I could get "new" replacement parts from them for less than
that.  I haven't actually looked into DSSI drives, so I have no clue
what they sell for.  At least I have a couple of extra SCSI busses, so
if run out of space on the internal drives, I can toss a nice external
case on there.
	Greg