[geeks] ive been converted

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Jul 14 00:11:29 CDT 2001

Installed a G3/400Mhz CPU upgrade, 305 meg RAM, and a 20gig
HD into this PowerMac tonight (via a PCI-to-SCSI controller
card).  So far, the *only* thing it lacks is decent video -
and I'm waiting on either VRAM or a decent Matrox card to arrive
to solve that.

I've tried two cards so far, a Millennium I and a II, both 4meg,
and *both* have failed the verify-flash-after-flashing step
and been unusable in this mac.. 8-(

I'm *really* impressed with the speed of the upgrade, tho.

If anybody has a PowerMac 7500 or 7600, barebones, that
they'd like to get rid of, let me know.  I'm trying to
take the CPU card and L2 cache that I removed from this
machine and build another box out of it, for my client's
mom (the guy who gave me this mac and a $700 scanner, just
in exchange for doing a lot of scanning for him) so I can
get her off a 33Mhz '040-based Quadra...

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net