[geeks] dumbass recruiters... (take 3?)

Jonathan Katz geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 22:36:02 CDT 2001

Pedro wrote:
> Lessee, I remember doing a chat session or two with Linus on GEnie way
> back then, so I guess it would be possible to do 10 years, but at least
> back then he controlled the kernel...

*laugh*

> (Anybody even remember GEnie?  I was a sysop on the Unix RT...)

Cool! Yeah, I do. I'd connect through it from a publically accessable
X.25 gateway in Indy (care of iupui.edu as well as screwey CompuServe
dialups.) It was really weird, though... what OS did the rest of it
run? If I sent enough control/break type characters I'd get to a
prompt which read:

"WHAT?"

-Jon