[geeks] Re: geeks digest, Vol 1 #216 - 22 msgs

Will Mc Donald geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Jul 10 15:25:38 CDT 2001

From: "Joshua D. Boyd" <jdboyd at cs.millersville.edu>

> On Tue, 10 Jul 2001, Will Mc Donald wrote:
>
> > Election. I enjoyed it. But then my movie tastes are rather far ranging.
:)

> > Zhang Yimou films anyone?
>
> I thought I would like election.  And it was kinda nice in some ways.  I
> probably just was in the wrong mood for that movie at the time I watched
> it.
>
> So, what movies did Zhang Yimou make?

Among others Raise the Red Lantern, Jou Dou (Spelling might be a little out
on that, I'll get you an IMDB link in a mo), Shanghai Triad etc. Here we
are...

http://us.imdb.com/Name?Zhang,+Yimou

Ooh, Red Sorghum, forgotten about that.

As a rule his films are a little slow but beautifully shot. Perceptive,
touching and on occaision amusing. I recommend people check them out if you
like that sort of thing. There was a season of them on BBC2 a few years ago
which is the only reason I came into contact with his work.

Will.