[geeks] Install on one Ultra, use on another?

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Jul 6 10:22:48 CDT 2001

I'm going to try to do the system upgrade this weekend.  However,
if I can install Sol8 4/01 on one of the HDs using my SunBlade
100 here, then take it and simply "drop it in", that would cut
down my time at the colo *considerably*.

Theoretically, if I do an install here on my SB100, do a "touch /reconfigure"
before I shut it down, and then make sure to do a "boot -r" when I drop it
into the other machine, that should work, right?  They're both UltraSPARC
systems running at 64bit, altho one is a IIi and one is a IIe... The
reconfigure should take care of any device links, etc, I *think*.

Thoughts?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford