[geeks] Yeow! That is a pricey CPU for a PeeCee!

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Jul 5 17:17:33 CDT 2001

In the old days, they would have said how a chip this powerful would only be of use in servers, well HP is shipping servers and workstations based on this chip family.

My, how times have changed.

Now, how well will it run Win 3.1? ;^)

Ken
(Unless I am very mistaken, there is not *any* code optimized for this CPU curently, is there? Maybe I should announce a port/distribution of the Linux kernel/GNU tools to the Itanium, and taking a note from "Mandrake" (the Pentium optimized distribution) I could call it "Holyfuck", as in "Holy fuck, Xbill runs too fast!" 8^)