[geeks] Ho do I tell which model Powerbook?

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 31 19:13:13 CST 2001

On Mon, Dec 31, 2001 at 06:43:03PM -0500, Mike Nicewonger wrote:
> I thought that was an issue with the old PPC powerbooks not the newer ones.
> Of course the combustability could be from the fire wire :)

Actually, from my friend, who has a pismo.  It was the battery or
charging mechanism, not the laptop itself:

http://www.planetmac.org/battery/ (with pics)

They took his Pismo "for evaluation" and gave him a *POWERBOOK TI*
in exchange "since we dont have any more pismos".

Mike, hope for a fire, just keep it off your lap. 8-)

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net