[geeks] hello

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Sun Dec 30 20:10:04 CST 2001

> I'm always on call, too, including vacation.

Management sucks...

> > Luckily, we built our systems to be almost self sustaining.  Tomcat
still
> > sucks though...
>
> Fortunately, the systems I manage are OpenVMS, so problems are usually
> due to the network or application.

Yeah Linux (finely tuned SuSE) has been rock solid.  Tomcat is the app
server we use to serve our Java apps.  It sucks.  All day long.  Plain and
simple.  All the way.  Constantly crashes.  We've had a few generations of
hacks to keep it running for longer than 30 minutes, but it's time to find
something that works - all the time.

Kurt