[geeks] Just a reminder

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 28 19:49:14 CST 2001

pwargo at basenji.com writes:

>I'm proud to say that with the exception of using the original "relay"
>(over BITNET, remember that??) back in '86 or so, I've never ventured into
>the chat thing.  Never used IRC. :-)

Remember asking bitnet nodes to send their connection information,
and drawing maps by hand?

What's the chat program under VMS, is it "phone"? Anyways, at the
college I went to, we had decnet with a few other colleges, so we'd
"phone" with people on other campuses.

And someone actually fell for the "We're hot chicks" routine,
and took a bus over to meet some (guy) friends of mine. I think they
knew the probability levels involved, because they reacted well.

------ David Fischer ------- dave at cca.org ------- http://www.cca.org ------