[geeks] VAX 4000-200's on eBay.de

Martijn Pronk geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 28 05:21:23 CST 2001

"William S ." wrote:

> On my quest to get more "stuff" of a classic nature
> I came across these items on eBay in Germany.
>
> http://cgi.ebay.de/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1311492128
>
> Now, I do not speak German and in fact know very little
> about VAX's in general. But for some reason the notion
> of having one is appealing. Also, these items are
> "relatively" close (me being in Holland).

I've read the item, I can read a little bit German.
>From what I've read there was that the seller will only
ship in Germany. If you choose to buy, you may have to
pick it up. He said he was in the Ruhrgebiet
(or something like that) Which is near the border with the Netherlands.
So thats a 2.5 hour drive from Amsterdam I guess.

> Time is running out on these but it looks like they
> have a minimum acceptable bid. Does that mean that if
> the bid is not met you can negotiate a price outside
> of the auction? (I don't know much about eBay either).

About 5 hours.. And the highest bid at the moment is EUR 361,-
(about fl 750,- or US $330?)
I didn't undersand the bidding rules  ubt I guess you could also try to
have a look at an english ebay site... (didn't see an english
translation on
the german ebay site)

HTH,

Martijn