[geeks] Buzzzzz

Josh Mast geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 24 19:31:00 CST 2001

On Wed, Dec 19, 2001 at 11:04:56AM -0500, Joshua D Boyd wrote:
> Quick, bring out the CAT5.  We'll have him lashed down so tightly and quickly
> that...

 This reminds me of an even worse use for cat5 that I came up with.

 About a year ago we had a pretty major storm with some high winds, which resulted
in some broken tree branches in the trees around the house. There were a couple
rather large broken limbs still sitting in the trees be just waiting to fall down.
My dad decided I should go out and pull these down, since they're just waiting to
fall on someone's head or something. For lack of other tools, I took a 50' strand
of cat5, tied it to a coffee mug, threw the mug up into the tree to hook the branc
and started pulling. I did eventually get it down too. And I'm still using the
cat5. :)

-josh