[geeks] another J90 on ebay

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Mon Dec 24 12:18:45 CST 2001

> > http://cgi.ebay.com/aw-cgi/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1311509911
> >

> I don't know who these people are but they obviously don't know how to
> run an auction.  They currently have 189 up and *none* have bids.

Judging from the first page of their listings, they seem to be asking retail
price (and higher!) for off-lease, decommissioned, and reclaimed hardware -
mostly incomplete packages.

It's not a retail market on eBay these days -  it's a buyers market, and
buyers aren't willing to pay retail prices unless they're going to get
superior customer service, support, and warranties.

I've not sold anything on eBay recently due to that reason.  I can't, and
won't, provide retail level support for shit I sell on sell on eBay to
simply get it out of my house....

On the other habd - I fully research what I list - and I would never say
"Due to the scarcity of this type of machine we are not familiar with them."

Kurt