PRIVATE: Re: [geeks] "Santa Wars"

Bryan Fullerton geeks at sunhelp.org
Sat Dec 22 16:24:33 CST 2001

On Thursday, December 20, 2001, at 02:10 PM, Peter L. Wargo wrote:

> I beg to differ.  Mail for OS X has to be the best IMAP client I've
> ever used.  Fast, simple, and it doesn't muck up my mail files when I
> switch between it and pine.

The OS X 10.1.2 update (released yesterday) seems to have done an update
to Mail.app despite not mentioning it in the release notes. IMAP is
using CRAM-MD5 passwords now instead of PLAIN (if supported by the
server). Yay!

I spent most of last weekend setting up a Cyrus IMAP server for the
first time - plus password changing, web mail, sieve web interface,
etc - so little mail things are exciting for me these days. ;)

Bryan

--
Bryan Fullerton               http://bryanfullerton.com/
Core Competence               uunet.ca!gts!cspace!bryanf