[geeks] oh, my freaking head!

Kurt Mosiejczuk geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 21 08:47:19 CST 2001

On Fri, 21 Dec 2001, Kris Kirby wrote:

> > I heard it was merely the paper manufacturers trying to ban hemp paper.

> Didn't somebody say it was to get rid of the cheap hemp rope?

Okay, now I have to weigh in with a great family story.

Years ago, my uncle and his family lived with my grandmother.  She was
doing the laundry and in the pocket of one of her grandchildren she found
a little bundle of paper.  She opened it up and saw some seeds and such
in it.  She recognized it as this wonderful plant they used to grow in
the old country with MANY uses.  So, she planted them and started growing
them.

A month or so later, her daughter and husband (who is a police officer)
come to visit, and find my grandmother growing large marijuana plants =)

My uncle explained it and confiscated the plant =)

--Kurt