[geeks] Buzzzzz

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Fri Dec 21 05:36:17 CST 2001

----- Original Message -----
From: "Dave McGuire" <mcguire at neurotica.com>
To: <geeks at sunhelp.org>
Sent: Friday, December 21, 2001 4:58 AM
Subject: Re: [geeks] Buzzzzz

> On December 20, Ken Hansen wrote:
> > 12 oz. every 90 minutes? Where does the fluid go? Do you sweat it off?
No,
> > wait, never mind - forget I even asked...
>
>   Umm, the toilet? ;)

I asked you to forget I asked that question! Ugh... ;^)

> > >   Myself I will put down easily three cans of soda with a meal.
> >
> > You da man! Why? Doesn't it just reach a point where you are drinking
out of
> > habit?
>
>   Of course.  Does that somehow make it less valid, or less "drank"?

No, but if the only reason you are passing 36 ounces of carmel-colored,
caffinated goodness through your digestive tract is out of habit, maybe you
should reconsider (I did, and it worked for me, YMMV, obviously).

If your consumption rate is based on a greater need than simply habit, then
the above doesn't apply - "greater need" could be as simple as thirst, need
for caffine, whatever, but simply drinking out of habit, well it sorta
becomes little more than an exercise in fluid processing, and recycling
(both inside your body *and* for the recycling plant that gets your can
collection).

Ken