[geeks] Software Bloat

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 18:02:47 CST 2001

n2vip at yahoo.com writes:

>Nirvana *is* one of todays bands, IMHO. In my mind "todays music" covers a
>timespan of greater than the last 10-12 months.

Well, Nirvana is no longer a band, so the issue would be - is Nirvana's
sound still current? I don't think so, but that depends on how narrow
your definitions are. I also don't like them, and don't pay much
attention to the bands they've influenced.

>I haven't bought any significant since I got married at 30 (as a point in
>time, not as a cause). I find much to enjoy in music from the 60s, 70s, 80s
>and if I am very selective, there are some records from the 90s I like.

I buy a rediculous amount of music. My friend's record store is
somewhat on the walk home, so I'm usually there twice a week anyways,
and usually decide to grab something on the way out...

I buy roughly 50/50 CDs/vinyl, from anywhere in the 50s - present, though
mostly present (late 90s).

I would say about half of the contemporary music I get (buy, trade, get for
free, whatever) is by friends' bands.

-------- David Fischer --------- dave at cca.org --------- www.cca.org --------