[geeks] HP's

Joshua D Boyd geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 14:50:43 CST 2001

On Thu, Dec 20, 2001 at 02:50:18PM -0600, Shawn Wallbridge wrote:
> I just picked up a HP 9000/720 for $65CAN (about $40US). Just wondering if I
> got a good deal?
>
> PA-RISC 100MHz
> 16MB Ram
> 5xxMB SCSI drive
> Keyboard (& mouse?)

Well, you need more memory ASAP, but it should be fun for Nextstep.  I think
you got a good deal, however, it really is only a good deal if you use it.

So, while people told me I got a good deal on my 712, the reality it was a bad
deal for me because in the 6monthes that it has sat unused (for a number of
reasons, including scum sucking, crooked ebay sellers selling bad CDRoms) the
price has fallen for this things by over half.  Oops.  I keep hoping to get it
set up any weekend now that I have the needed CD-ROM and the semester is over.

--
Joshua D. Boyd