[geeks] Buzzzzz

James Sharp geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 12:21:52 CST 2001

> > I used to drink more coke, but I was starting to wonder about the impact to
> > my internal organs of *that much* coke passing through them...

Caffiene is a diuretic, which encourages your kidneys to try to flush more
water out of your system.  If you don't increase your strictly water
intake to compensate for this, you end up with a mild case of dehyrdation
and your kidneys still try to flush fluid out of your systems...but
there's nothing to flush.   So, you end up with kidneys full of high
concentrations of urea and calcium compounds that will eventually coalesc
into the wonderful things know as kidney stones.

They're not a pleasant thing to experience.