[geeks] HP's

Andrew Weiss geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 10:07:27 CST 2001

A friend of mine rescued about 20 HP 9000 712/100's... I snagged one for
free... but I'd like to help him give them a good home rather than strip
them if possible.  Does anyone know what they'd be worth approximately...
what OS goes on them... i.e. version of HP-UX... or other OS's.  They each
have 2GB drives, the RAM sticks were (we were told) 16MB and 32MB... but I
don't remember if they were all maxed out... I Don't think so... they can
take up to 192 according to spec.  All the monitors were either 17 or 19"
I think I can't remember.  Would he be better off selling the components
or the complete systems?  I just think it would be a shame to send them
all off PC style... (he's a PC vendor so he didn't even know what they
were)  They all came from AT&T.  He said he paid $20 each... (I think he
might have been gypped).

Thoughts... info on the model... etc. (I have one for my very own so I'd
like to use it)

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these people
to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to another
and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward on Slashdot
8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.