[geeks] Installing packages

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 05:54:52 CST 2001

Ok, so I suck. I'm asking a basic question on a public list, but I'm
willing to suffer the required humiliation if need be.

For some reason I can't install any packages on my box. Running Solaris
8, I downloaded xmms from http://www.xmms.org. Two packages were needed,
and I grabbed 'em both. Now I try to install like so:

# pkgadd -d. XMMS-Sol7.pkg

This is right, yes? But it gives me this:

pkgadd: ERROR: no packages were found in </export/home/sambo>

It doesn't matter what package I try, I get the same error. What am I
doing wrong please? I've R'd the FM, and thought I had it right. But no.

Thanks...

---sambo