[geeks] Software Bloat

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 04:00:26 CST 2001

Nirvana *is* one of todays bands, IMHO. In my mind "todays music" covers a
timespan of greater than the last 10-12 months.

I haven't bought any significant since I got married at 30 (as a point in
time, not as a cause). I find much to enjoy in music from the 60s, 70s, 80s
and if I am very selective, there are some records from the 90s I like.

Two fun musical facts about my music collection:

    First record bought: "Candy Man" by Sammy Davis, Jr. (the song is
    from the Willy Wonka movie - Sammy re-recorded it.)

    Second record bought: "Sarah Cynthis Sylvia Stout would not take
    the garbage out" by (the late, great, writer) Shel Silverstein. (From
his
    album "Freaking atthe Freaker's Ball" a *great* album, not available
    on CD AFAIK, but never really looked.)

Ken