[geeks] oh, my freaking head!

Ken Hansen geeks at sunhelp.org
Thu Dec 20 03:52:44 CST 2001

Your point? ;^)

The loss of blood flow to the brain is what kills people, but we like to
look at *why* the blood stops flowing as well,and maybe thats valid, maybe
it is not, but you have to draw the line somewhere:

    A fellow died when the blood flow to his brain ceased.

    The blood flow ceased when he could no longer get sufficient oxygen.

    He couldn't get sufficient oxygen because of the cancer in his lungs.

    He had cancer in his lungs due to smoking.

    He smoked because he was addicted as a teen.

    He was addicted because he smoke to fit in with his peers.

    He tried to fit in with his peers becuse he just moved to a new town and
    didn't know anyone.

    He moved becuse his dad was an alcoholic and couldn't hold a job.

    His dad was an alcoholic because he was overweight.

    He was overweight because his mother was a good cook.

Now, did this fellow die becuase his mother was a good cook? Becuase his dad
was an alcoholic? Because he was a teen that wanted to fit in? Because he
smoked? Because he couldn't breathe? Or becuase the blood stopped flowing
tohis brain.

Other than the last reason, it is an opinion, and thats OK, but you have
arbitrarilly decided to stopp looking for a cause at a certain point in the
chain of events that led to his death if you blame the cnacer, the smoking,
the parents, his teen peers, or even his moms cooking...

Ken