[geeks] I feel dirty

Martijn Pronk geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 19 17:31:31 CST 2001

Hi all,

So finally I turned to the dark side... I've used msn messenger...
So I guess I lost some geek points.
A little explaination why I turned to the dark side.
My girlfriend lives about 160 miles away from me, and every day calling
starts getting annoying, so she started annoying me with why I'm not
using msn. I tell her "doesn't work on Solaris, FreeBSD or HP-UX, so
I can't and won't use it". She says, that I have windows on my laptop
so you can use it. Problem is, I boot windows only once every two weeks...
While being in windows I thought I could always try it, so I did...
And I actually liked it... Shit... now I have to spend too much time in
windows.

So, on to the wishlist for christmass:
A nice Ti Powerbook;
A loaded Sun Blade 1000;
A couple of 100 Gb of storage and
An Alpha UP2000 based machine with 2 processors and at least 2Gb ram...

Martijn

ps: How many geekpoints do you get when you actually work more
on a HP 9000 715/80 than on a Sun SparcStation 4 and possibly even like it?