[geeks] Buzzzzz

Will Mc Donald geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 19 16:09:16 CST 2001

From: "William Enestvedt" <Will.Enestvedt at jwu.edu>
> > Which caused no end of grief when I moved to
> > Wales for college... well, that and practically every
> > other unintelligible word out of my mouth.
> >
>    Please don't get offended, but I was just wondering about something.
When
> I lived in England (Reading: ugh), the kids from up north were called
> Geordies. Do people call Scots "Geordies" too, or is it specific to the
> English?

It would take a great deal more that being called a Geordie to offend me,
I'm the offence-meister so it would be rather two-faced if I took offence
easily myself. :)

Geordies are northern Englishmen, specifically from Newcastle (major
north-eastern city) and more generally from Tyneside, although I reckon it's
most applicable to folk from "the 'toon".