[geeks] Buzzzzz

William Enestvedt geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 19 11:29:45 CST 2001

> What I want is my own Coke fountain at home.

   The syrup comes in multi-gallon foil bags (like wine) that have plastic
caps, the water comes from your pipes, and the fun part is getting a
cylinder of CO2 in your basement. Then you just adjust the taps to mix
everything to taste as it goes up the line leading to the "gun" at your
bar/kitchen counter/deck/wherever. (I used to work at a restaurant that had
a five -foot tall cylinder in the basement, and that thing was way cool [if
you can forgive the obvious].)
   I wonder if you could work out a deal by contacting a local Coke
distributor, or if they avoid the domestic market so that no one realized
just how big a cash cow this is for restaurants. "We could tell you, Mr.
Bradford, but then we'd have to...to...to make you drink an eight-pack of
glass bottles of Tab."
-wde
--
Will Enestvedt