[geeks] Wow

Kurt Huhn geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 19 11:27:41 CST 2001

> <James reiterates his suspicion of SMDS>
> I still bet its SMDS to the end user, which sucks as much a frame.
> </James>
>
> ~ >> http://www.cogentco.com/Essentials/about.html

I would guess that they have some sort of SLA tha guarantees bandwidth to
the corporate/commercial (building owner I would guess) entity that actually
leases the line - and it's up to the building owner to ensure that each
subscriber in his building has adequate access to bandwidth.

Shouldn't be that hard to do.....okay, shouldn't be hard for any of *us* to
do.  The building owner will probably get some tech-school attendee, who's
the son of a business partner, to wire the building using
$cheapest_equipment_possible.  In that case - it will totally suck for the
end user.

Kurt