[geeks] Buzzzzz

geeks at sunhelp.org geeks at sunhelp.org
Wed Dec 19 11:00:42 CST 2001

"Fogg, James" wrote:

> I was at a training center that had some magical machine that could produce
> anything brewed.

That sounds like the very same one IBM had. Judging from the sticker on
it, it was leased from and serviced by an outside company.

> I have found that the crash takes about 1.5 days though. Around 11:00pm I
> will be tired enough to sleep. If I get a good nights sleep I won't crash
> and can stop drinking caffeine.

I'm not sure I notice the crash. Or perhaps that 30 oz kicker every
morning keeps my blood/caffiene ratio so high it never reaches crash
level before I have the next one next morning. I only sleep ~4 hours a
night, and very lightly at that. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing, as
we have a cocker spaniel who waits very patiently for about thirty
seconds by the back door for someone to let her out before crapping on
the floor. So when she goes downstairs in the middle of the night, her
footfalls on the (carpeted) stairs wakes me and I run down to let her
out.

> I do marvel at caffeines ability to make the world seem more exciting and
> work seem more manageable.

I don't wonder anymore, just revel in it.

---sambo