[geeks] .uk DVD-ROM drives?

Will Mc Donald geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 18 18:58:59 CST 2001

From: <dave at cca.org>
> wilby98 at yahoo.com writes:
>
> >My nominations for old Brit-com's:
>
> > "Are You Being Served"
> > "Absolutely Fabulous"
> > "Dr. Who" (sci fi, sort of)
>
> Waiting To Die

"Waiting to die"?

Either this was before my time (or was never re-run) or it's a
rebranding/renaming of something
like "Only When I Laugh" for the US. I noticed on the IMDB the other day
they renamed "The Fast Show" to "Brilliant!" Which begs the question, why
bother?

Time to IMDB for "Waiting To Die"...

Nope, nowt. Google doesn't seem too helpful either, a simple search for
+"waiting to die" turns up some pretty depressing stuff. Even (or indeed,
especially) when paired with variants on "tv", "television", "tv show" etc.

Could be time to resort to TV Cream [ http://tv.cream.org/ ]

So, anyway, WTF was "Waiting To Die" about then? The only other show that I
can think of that would possibly fit the title would be "In Sickness And In
Health" (original version).

Will.

PS The Likely Lads is also a classic.