[geeks] fantasy christmas wish lists

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 18 17:22:03 CST 2001

Okay, if everyone could get ANYTHING computer-related they wanted for
christmas, what would it be?

My list:

	- PowerMac G4 DP 867Mhz, 22" Cinema Display, maxed out
	- Cray EL98 (so I can say "yes, I have a cray")
	- Complete set of Cisco CCNA/CCDA training kits
	- Metro shelving in the garage to organize the piles of DEC docs
	- "TCP/IP Illustrated, Volume 1"
	- Old Cisco LocalDirector for use w/SunHELP, maybe an old PIX too
	  (why old/used?  Why pay more for features I dont need?)
	- Solid-state (no tubes!) Shortwave/HF xcvr (Icom IC718!)
	- http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/wishlist/1TO7AFBP8KV2B 8-)

Why no Sun stuff?  Cuz I've already got a SunBlade 1000 on my desk at home,
and I *dont* like the Sun 18.1" flatpanels... Course, maybe a CS6400 would
be nifty... or a multi-cpu SPARCserver 1000...

Now, what I'd like to see, is Dave McG's list (and no, dave, you cant put
"a redhead.. or her cute sister" *grin*)

Thoughts?

Bill

--
Bill Bradford