[geeks] threetran oh threetran, where-ever can you be?

Greg A. Woods geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 18 15:28:21 CST 2001

[ On Monday, December 17, 2001 at 17:24:38 (-0500), James Sharp wrote: ]
> Subject: Re: [geeks] Software Bloat
>
> o/~ back when FORTAN was only THREETRAN....back when we programmed in ones
> and zeros and sometimes we ran out of ones o/~

THREETRAN!  Far better than INTERCAL!  :-)

   ONETRAN had used only the number one in its code, which made it difficult
   to adapt to many situations. TWOTRAN, despite its name, had added the
   zero, thereby gaining amazing flexibility. With THREETRAN we planned to
   add the negative zero, which would have revolutionized the product all
   over again.

(if anyone wants the attribution they can bloody well use google themselves! :-)

--
								Greg A. Woods