[geeks] .uk DVD-ROM drives?

Bill Bradford geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 18 14:04:43 CST 2001

On Tue, Dec 18, 2001 at 07:47:53PM +0000, David Cantrell wrote:
> I use RegionX to twiddle my region in OS X just fine in my ibook.  However,
> if you really can't get it working, try scan.co.uk and dabs.com.  I'd be
> shocked if they won't ship internationally, but if they won't then have 'em
> deliver to me and I'll ship it onwards.

I flashed the DVD-ROM in the Cube with region-free firmware, but then
RegionX can change the drive to R4; however then, the Apple DVD player
doesent recognize the change and wants to change it for me... I've gone
through five region changes and one factory "reset"; I re-flashed it back
to original firmware and am leaving on region 1 for now, since the new
firmware and regionx doesent seem to want to give me "unlimited" region
changes.

> Or I could just go and get one on the cheap at a market for you.  Won't
> be able to do that until January though.

I may have one of you .uk guys do that after payday or so.

Bill

--
Bill Bradford
mrbill at mrbill.net