[geeks] .uk DVD-ROM drives?

Andrew Weiss geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 18 13:55:49 CST 2001

On Tue, 18 Dec 2001, Will Mc Donald wrote:

> Out of interest, what DVDs? :) (I'm thinking semi-obscure Brit-com at a
> guess.) You never know, we might be able to rip them for you if any of us
> already have whatever it is.
>
> Will.

I don't know which one Bill wants, but I actually have one I'd like to get
which is only available as Region 2.  It's one of my favorite all-time
movies...The Battle of Britain.  It'd be nice if I could just find a setup
to rip and re-DVD the movie in Region 0 is it?  Damn regions...  Can one
rip and burn to several VCD's?... with nice breakpoints?

Andrew

There are, of course, thousands of people who claim to be sys admins who
have the single "skill" of working it out from a gui tool. Ask these
people to move 500 users accounts or 300 virtual hosts from one machine to
another and they are as useful as chocolate firemen. -- Anonymous Coward
on Slashdot 8/15/01

UNIX and cigarettes, both addictive and both contain tar.