[geeks] non-prescription painkillers

Fogg, James geeks at sunhelp.org
Tue Dec 18 06:54:45 CST 2001

I too am screwed at an early age with (among other things) arthritis. The
absolute best thing I have found to work is a hot tub (spa). A good bake at
105 degrees for an hour in the morning gives me up to 4 hours of relief.
After that, aspirin slows the onset of the pain until I can bake in the
evening. Aspirin works best if taken before pain sets in, since its easier
to stop swelling than to reduce it. Try a trial membership at a health club
with a spa and see if it works. Of course, you will meet all kinds of
fat-phobic aholes in a health club (from my experience), so be prepared.

Now for the bad news, my hot tub is broken (aaarrgghhh!).